In 1960, Kuwait National Petroleum Company (KNPC) was the first national company established in the region. KNPC came as a model for the indigenous potential to undertake management and exploitation of the oil resources, which started to develop into a colossal source of income capable of sustaining the society welfare and financing its overall development.
KNPC has two state-of-the-art Refineries, namely Mina Abdullah Refinery (MAB) and Mina Al-Ahmadi Refinery (MAA). The total production capacity of both Refineries is 736,000 bpd of crude oil, and a gas processing capacity of 2.5 billion scfd.
KNPC has now 47 filling stations, including 4 mobile stations, all over Kuwait. A 5-year plan to build another 99 stations is already underway to respond to the growing demand for gasoline and other fuels.
KNPC main target was to have a stabilized auto user’s synchronization Time Attendance system (DB to Device / Device to DB), that can auto synch 90,000 users to more than 500 devices. This system requires to have a fast & accurate performance T&A authentication process to handle this large numbers of employees, the target after all was to reduce wasted time for repeatedly authentication attempts by users. KNPC also targeted to integrate this fingerprint system with KNPC in house TACS (Time Attendance Control System) & HR systems, in addition to monitor events remotely through a mobile application.
Another challenge was to migrate the old data (users’ info, transactions logs & images logs) from BioStar 1 “Customized version” to BioStar 2. KNPC also requested for a customized device theme to match KNPC designs & colors.
BioStar 2 was installed & integrated with BioStar 1 through Suprema Migration Tool to migrate old users & transactions. Furthermore, IDEAL integrated BioStar 2 with KNPC TACS & HR systems to reflect user info & event logs between all applications. Suprema mobile application was also activated to monitor & view T&A transactions & devices status, in addition to have a customized BioStation A2 theme with KNPC design & colors.KEY BENEFITS
1) Old BioStar 1 data was retrieved, no need to waste time inserting new data.
2) Stable & fast system that can synch all users to all devices, this fast process reduces users transferring time, also having the auto synch feature, reduces human interfere were everything now is done automatically.
3) Accurate & fast authentication system, allowing a greater number of users to register their IN/OUT in less time, which reduces the users traffic.
4) The integration with TACS & HR provided a system simplicity to manage, operate & control T&A process for different departments in different levels.
5) BioStar 2 centralized DB provided easy maintenance for T&A System.
KNPC/Hamad Al Zuwayer St, Ahmadi, Kuwait
Time & Attendance
Fingerprint, Face recognition, RFID
Ideal Information Co.
BioStation A2: 522EA
FaceStation 2: 19EA
BioStar 2 Software-Ent
Suprema Migration Tool